Literally Must Read
- You have around an 80% chance of getting an interview by referral, and around 1% if you simply apply online.
- Writing Emails
- Why bad experiences happen to good candidates
- Breakout Careers
- Getting a Gig
- Davis CS Club Handbook
- Alex Cory Interviews
- Setting up a LinkedIn Profile
- Interviewing Strategies by Dartmouth
- How not to network with a recruiter
- Thirteen thousand, four hundred, fifty-five minutes for one job
- Paysa Company Rank
- Luck Game - Vincent Yeh
- Breakout List
- Apply Everywhere Google Doc
- J Delaney Easy Application
- Search for HackerNews Jobs
- Who Is Hiring YCombinator
- Hacker News “Who is hiring” trends
- Intern Supply
- Company List Reddit
- Canada Company List
- Tech LA Fellowship
- Grad Fellowships
- Linkedin Cheat Sheet
- Coding for Interviews Internships List
- Tech Website Template
- Developer Roadmap
- Github Definitive Resource Guide
- Coursera Software Interview
- Google Software Engineering Prep Document
- Michael Deng Landing Internships in School
- Google Interview University
- Interview Cheat Sheet
- Preinterview Cheat Sheet
- Facebook Big O
- CTCI Hackerrank
- Jupyter Interactive Coding Challenges
- Reddit CS Interview Practice
- Reddit CS Interview Practice 2
- Linux Insides
- CTCI v5 Solutions
- Maxim Awesome Interview Questions
- KDN521 Interviews
- Algorithms for Interviews
- Journey from 2.9
- LifeHacker Tough Interview Question Approaches
- Full Stack
- Apple Think you can’t be Phished?
- Andrew Sanford Security Guide
- 3-way handshake
- Classes of IP addresses
- Routing protocols
- Congestion protocols
- OSI Model
- Socket concepts
- Basic networking commands - netstat, ip, ifconfig, traceroute, ping
- Distributed Systems
- System Design
During the Interview
- If you can’t answer a question, be honest about it but think out loud about what you would guess for it to be<
- Additionally, talk about alternatives that you might know
Questions to Ask
- How would you describe the general culture of the company and the workplace?
- Why did you choose this company?
- Will there by any form of training provided?
- What are some of the biggest challenges/successes currently facing the department?
- Who will be my direct supervisor?
- Are there/what are the opportunities for professional development within the company?
- What is the usual time frame for making the hiring decision?
- What projects would I be working on?
- Where do you see this company heading in upcoming years?
- What’s the worst thing about working here?
- What do you see as the biggest challenge facing the company right now?
- What motivates you to get out of bed to come into work in the morning?
- Would you join this company if you could do it all over again?
- How many friends/family members have you recruited to work for this company?
- Thinking back to people who have been in this position previously, what differentiated the ones who were good from the ones who were really great?
- If the interviewer is an executive or senior manager: “What keeps you up at night when you think about making this business successful?”
- For anyone: “How would you describe how decision-making gets done at this company?”
- What are a few things that really drive results for the company?
- What are the common attributes of your top performers?
- If I get the job, how do I earn a “gold star” on my performance review?
- Based on our talk today, do you see me a good fit for this position?
- Further Internship Practice
- Interview Questions to Ask
- Hi company, Thanks so much for the offer; I’m super excited! I’d like to let you know I am in the interview process with another company and although I am very excited about your offer it is important and fair to keep all options open. I have asked the other company to expedite the process and will respond with my decision as soon as possible. I hope this is understandable; I’m looking forward to hearing back from you.
- Negotiating Offers
- Job Salary Negotiation - Haseeb
- Salary Negotiation
Understanding the Offer
- 2015 Offers
- Medium Leverage Pay Raises
- Understanding Stock Options
- Grad School Reddit Guide
- Reddit CS Books
- How to get a job at the big 4
Getting the Most From Your Internship!
- Expect resume to be scanned
- Keep font simple, 11 or 12 point
- Education Section
- GPA should be included if 3.0 and/or above, and show out of 4.0 for scale
- Include [year] standing and graduation month + year
- Related Coursework is not necessary
- Skills Section
- Computer skills
- Add hardware and software
Tell the other company to hurry up
I really enjoyed meeting with you on $DATE. As I mentioned in the interview, it would be a pleasure to work with $SMART_PEOPLE on the $VERY_INTERESTING_PROBLEMS that you have.
I understand that you’re considering my application, and these things take time. However, I have an offer deadline from another company on $APPROACHING_DATE. Will it be possible to let me know the team’s decision by that time? I thank you again for all your time and help. You’re doing $EXCITING_THINGS, and I’d love to see if I can be a part of it.